Mortimer Isaacs Consultancy LLP – Privacy Notice
What this Notice covers
Mortimer Isaacs Consultancy LLP is committed to protecting the privacy and security of your personal information.
This Privacy Notice describes how we collect and use personal information about you during and after your working relationship with us, in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and data protection legislation.
It applies to all current and former clients, suppliers, contractors and consultants.
Identity of the data controller
Mortimer Isaacs Consultancy LLP is a “data controller”. This means that we are responsible for deciding how we hold and use personal information about you. We are required under data protection legislation to notify you of the information contained in this privacy notice.
This notice does not form part of any contract to provide services. We may update this notice at any time.
It is important that you read this notice, together with any other privacy notice we may provide on specific occasions when we are collecting or processing personal information about you, so that you are aware of how and why we are using such information.
Categories of personal data we process
We will collect, store, and use the following categories of personal information about you:
- Professional contact details such as:
- Job title
- Telephone numbers
- Email address
Sources of personal data
We collect personal information in the course of job-related activities throughout the period of the project we are working on together. We may sometimes collect additional information from third parties including company websites and information available within the public domain.
Our lawful bases for processing your data
We will use your personal information in the following circumstances:
- Where we need to perform the contract we have entered into with you.
- Where we need to comply with a legal obligation.
- Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests or those of a third party and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests.
Our purposes for processing your data
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping
- We may use this information to improve our products and services
Who has access to your data
We may share your personal information with third parties where required by law, where it is necessary to administer the working relationship with you or where we have another legitimate interest in doing so.
Where we do so, we will require third parties to respect the security of your data and to treat it in accordance with the law.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission to do so, or are required by law to do so.
Security of your data
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal information from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal information to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know.
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected data security breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a suspected breach where we are legally required to do so.
How we decide how long to retain your data
We will only retain your personal information for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
You have the right to:
- Request access to, and a copy of, your personal information by writing to Alan Isaacs, Partner, Mortimer Isaacs Consultancy LLP, The Old School, Exton Street, London SE1 8UE
- Request correction of the personal information that we hold about you
- Request erasure of your personal information
- Object to processing of your personal information where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground. You also have the right to object where we are processing your personal information for direct marketing purposes
If you believe the Company has not complied with your rights, you can complain to the Information Commissioner.
Changes to this Privacy Notice
The Company reserves the right to update this privacy notice at any time. We may also notify you in other ways from time to time about the processing of your personal information.